If you elect the traffic school option, you must:
- Notify the Clerk of the Court in the County where you received the citation.
- The Clerk’s office will advise you on electing the traffic school option.
- Register for traffic school, complete within the time frame given by the Clerk of Court, and send the Clerk proof of completion.
- In most cases, NCFSC will “upload” proof of completion within 48 hours.
What are the benefits of electing traffic school?
- Adjudication is withheld; your driver’s license record does not show a guilty finding.
- No points are added to your driver’s license record.
- Current “Safe Driver” Status is retained on your driver’s license record.
- No insurance penalty – F.S. 626.9541 (o) -12: No insurer shall impose an additional premium, cancel a policy or issue a non-renewal notice on any insurance policy or contract because of any traffic infraction when adjudication has been withheld and no points have been assessed pursuant to s.318.14 (9) and (10). However, this subparagraph does not apply to traffic infractions involving accidents in which the insurer has incurred a loss due to the fault of the insured.
The North Central Florida Safety Council is the only not-for-profit traffic school in Alachua County. Serving Gainesville and Alachua County for over thirty years, our classes are instructor-based, so you have the benefit of question and answer interaction. The North Central Florida Safety Council is YOUR local chapter of the National Safety Council. Our revenue goes to fulfill our stated mission to promote safety education for our community and to reduce accidents, injuries, and deaths.